Effective Date: [October 13, 2014]
Any use by you of the website operated by Diageo Latin America & Caribbean LLC at www.diageolearningforlife.com (the “Site”) is conditional upon your acceptance of these Website Terms & Conditions of Use, including our Privacy and Cookie Notice (collectively, “Terms & Conditions”). We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time without notice and at our discretion. It is your responsibility to review this page periodically for updates, which shall come into effect when posted. (See the box below for a summary of updates.) Your continued use of the Site constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. We reserve the right to change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any portion, features, or content of the Site at any time. We also may impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts of or the entire Site without notice or liability. The Site is operated by a member of the Diageo group of companies, the ultimate holding company of which is Diageo plc (registered in England and Wales with company number 23307 and registered address at Lakeside Drive, Park Royal, London, United Kingdom NW10 7HQ.)
The Site is intended for your use only if you are of legal age to purchase alcohol in your country of residence and in the country from which you are accessing the Site. If you do not fall within this category, you may be in breach of laws or regulations applicable in your country of residence or access, and you should leave the Site immediately.
You may restrict access to this site using content filtering software or by changing your computer settings (e.g. browser or operating system), as appropriate.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS IN THEIR ENTIRETY PLEASE LEAVE THE SITE NOW.
All references to 'our', 'us', 'we', or ‘company’ within these Terms & Conditions are deemed to refer to Diageo plc, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
1. Rights – All rights in all material and content (including, but not limited to, text, images, web pages, sounds, software (including code, interface, and website structure), and video, and the look and feel, design, and compilation thereof) on the Site are owned or licensed by us. You agree that you are permitted to use this material and/or content only as set forth in and to the extent permitted by these Terms & Conditions.
2. Intellectual Property – Unless otherwise indicated, we are the owner and/or authorised user of all trademarks, service marks, design marks, trade dress, patents, copyrights, database rights and other intellectual property (collectively, the “Intellectual Property”) appearing on or contained within the Site. Except as provided in these Terms & Conditions, your use of the Site does not grant you any right, title, interest, or license to any such Intellectual Property you may access on the Site. Except as provided in these Terms & Conditions, any use or reproduction of the Intellectual Property is prohibited.
3. Restrictions on Use – Except as expressly authorized by law, by us, or by the applicable licensor in writing, you are not entitled to reproduce, transmit, license, sell, publicly perform, distribute, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, share, or otherwise make available to any person, or to create derivative works of, any or all of the materials or content available on the Site, or to use it for commercial purposes
The Site may contain interactive services, including but not limited to discussion groups, news groups, bulletin boards, chat rooms, blogs and other social networking features, such as the display of Linked Content from Interfacing Sites (as described in Section 5 below) (collectively, “Public Forums”), which may allow you to post, transmit or submit information, including but not limited to writings, images, illustrations, audio recordings, and video recordings (“Postings”). We may or may not actively monitor Postings on Public Forums. Similarly, we may or may not exercise editorial control over Postings on any Public Forum. You may be exposed to content on Public Forums that is inaccurate, fraudulent or deceptive, or that you find offensive or objectionable. Your use of Public Forums is at your own risk.
We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to monitor Public Forums and to remove or alter any Postings that we consider, in our sole discretion, to constitute misuse of these rules. We may restrict, suspend or terminate your use of these services or the Site where, in our sole discretion, we believe that there may have been such a misuse.
The following examples constitute misuse of the Site:
This list only serves to provide examples and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of the type of unacceptable uses of the Site or Public Forums that may result in the restriction, suspension, or termination of your use of the Site or Public Forums. Due to the global nature of the Internet, users hereby agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Users also agree to comply with any applicable rules regarding the export of any data from any country.
Any Postings you make will be deemed not to be confidential or secret. You understand that personal and other information (e.g., username, email address, phone number) that you post on or through Public Forums is generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. You should not include any personally identifiable information about yourself or any other person in any Postings. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to remove any Postings that contain personally identifiable information. We shall not be liable for the use or misuse of any information or data, including personal information, that you post on our Public Forums.
You represent and warrant that your Postings are original to you, do not infringe on another party’s intellectual property rights, are not obscene, vulgar, offensive, malicious, discriminatory, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful, that no other party has any rights thereto, and that any “moral rights” in your Postings have been waived, and you grant us a royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and fully transferable, assignable, and sub-licensable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such Postings (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate them in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for any editorial, commercial, non-commercial, promotional, or other purpose.
We are not responsible for maintaining your Postings and we may delete or destroy them at any time.
CONTENT, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS POSTED BY USERS TO PUBLIC FORUMS ARE NOT ENDORSED BY US. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE AND CONFIRM THE ACCURACY OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OTHER USERS ON OR THROUGH PUBLIC FORUMS. The opinions expressed in Public Forums are not necessarily ours. Any statements, advice, and opinions made by participants are those of such participants only. We shall not be held responsible for any statements, advice, opinions, or other content or materials on Public Forums. You release us from all claims and demands of every kind and nature, known and unknown, howsoever arising out of or in any way connected with a dispute with another user of the Site.
5. Interfacing Sites – You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the content (“Linked Content”) hosted by unaffiliated websites (“Interfacing Sites”) to which you or we may link from the Site, or otherwise display on the Site via an application programming interface or other method.
We do not host or store Linked Content. The display of Linked Content or the provision of links to Interfacing Sites does not constitute an endorsement by or association with us of such Linked Content, Interfacing Sites, or products, advertising, or other materials presented on such sites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss, or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on such Interfacing Sites, or for any action taken by Interfacing Sites.
To utilize some of the functionality of the Site you may be required to establish an account with a username and password with Interfacing Sites. As these are unaffiliated sites, we are not responsible for any username, password, or other information these sites may collect. We also will never ask you to provide us with your password for Interfacing Sites. If you are unable to establish accounts on these Interfacing Sites for any reason, you may not be able to fully utilize the functionality provided by the Site.
6. Materials submitted by you – Unless specifically requested, we do not solicit nor do we wish to receive any confidential, secret, or proprietary information or other material from you through the Site or any of its services, by email or in any other way. Any information or material you submit that has not expressly been requested by us will be deemed not to be confidential, secret, or proprietary. You agree that any information or materials you submit to the Site, whether ideas, creative concepts or other materials, in any format (including, but not limited to, writings, images, illustrations, audio recordings, and video recordings), may be used, reproduced and disclosed by us without restriction for whatever purpose we deem fit and without payment of any sum or acknowledgement of you as their source. You also warrant that any “moral rights” in posted materials have been irrevocably waived by the appropriate authors. WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF USE OR DISCLOSURE OF SUCH MATERIALS BY US TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. This paragraph does not affect any rights you may have under data privacy laws that protect your personal information or similar privacy laws, to the extent that such rights cannot be waived or excluded.
7. Accounts and Security - We may enable you to establish an account with a username and password to access and use certain areas of the Site, Public Forums, and other services. You may not create an account unless you are of legal age to purchase alcohol in your country of residence and in the country in which you are accessing the Site. You shall provide us with accurate account information. You are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you are responsible for any activity using your account and password. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. It is your sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify us when you desire to cancel your account. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
8. NO WARRANTIES – THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” AND YOUR USE THEREOF IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS DISCLAIM, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE FREE FROM VIRUSES, AVAILABLE, ACCESSIBLE, ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT THE CONTENTS WILL BE ACCURATE. ALTHOUGH WE TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SECURE THE SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE INTERNET IS NOT A COMPLETELY SECURE MEDIUM AND WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS YOU POST ON OR TRANSMIT THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE SAFE FROM UNAUTHORISED ACCESS OR USE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS AND SHALL BE TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
9. THIRD PARTY GOODS AND SERVICES – WE DO NOT VOUCH FOR THOSE PERSONS, COMPANIES, AND OTHER ORGANISATIONS WHOSE GOODS OR SERVICES MAY BE ACCESSED OR DISPLAYED THROUGH OR ON THE SITE.
10. Your responsibility – You should always verify any information set forth on the Site with independent authorities before acting or relying on it. It is your responsibility to use virus-checking software on any material downloaded from the Site and to ensure the compatibility of such software with your equipment.
In circumstances where you provide us with information relating to any third parties, you warrant that you have received that third party’s consent for such disclosure and that the third party has been informed of, and agrees to, our Privacy and Cookie Notice and any uses we may make of such information.
11. NO LIABILITY – TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW WE AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, COST OR DAMAGE (DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHERWISE) SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR FROM ANY COMPUTER VIRUS TRANSMITTED THROUGH THE SITE, OR OTHER SITES ACCESSED FROM THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LOSS, COST OR DAMAGE ARISES FROM OUR NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE ARE OR HAVE BEEN EXPRESSLY INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, COSTS, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION IN THE AGGREGATE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR PRODUCT LIABILITY) ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, $100.00 (US).
12. User Information – In the course of your use of the Site, you may be asked to provide personal information to us (such information referred to hereinafter as “User Information”). Our information collection and use policies with respect to such User Information are set forth in the Privacy and Cookie Notice. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of the User Information.
14. Restriction, Suspension and Termination – We may restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to the Site and/or your ability to avail of any of the services on the Site, including interactive services, at any time if we believe that you have breached these Terms & Conditions. Any such restriction, suspension, or termination will be without prejudice to any rights that we may have against you in respect of your breach of these Terms & Conditions. We may also remove the Site as a whole or any sections or features of the Site at any time. Please note that we have the ability to trace your IP address and if necessary contact your internet service provider in the event of a suspected breach of these Terms & Conditions.
15. Entire Agreement – These Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy Statement, constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to its subject matter and supersedes any and all prior promises, representations, agreements, statements, and understandings of any sort whatsoever between us. To the extent that software is available through the Site, such software may be subject to a license agreement that is distributed or included with such software, and you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of any such license agreements. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms & Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in that provision, and the other provisions of the Terms & Conditions shall remain in full force and effect. We may, at our option, cede, assign, or otherwise transfer any or all of our rights and obligations under the Terms & Conditions to any third party or parties at any time.
16. Copyright And IP Agent for the United States – We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Site do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to the Copyright Agent named below:
Your address, telephone number, and email address;
A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
A description of the alleged infringing activity and where the alleged infringing material is located;
A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by you, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
An electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Diageo North America, Inc., 801 Main Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851. Attn: Andrea Arocha, Intellectual Property, Telephone No: 01 203 2294264, Facsimile No: 203-229-8925, Email: email@example.com.
We may not be able to remove Linked Content that is hosted by Interfacing Sites. You may need to contact the appropriate Interfacing Site for removal of your work.
17. Export Controls - To the extent that software or technical data is accessible through the Site, such software or technical data may be subject to export, re-export, and/or import controls imposed by the United States or any other jurisdiction, and may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of the laws of any applicable jurisdiction including, but not limited to: (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the U.S. has placed an embargo or which is subject to relevant export restrictions; (b) anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals list, or (c) in violation of the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Denial Orders.
18. Law and Jurisdiction – These Terms & Conditions, including the Privacy Statement and any matter relating to the Site, shall be governed by New York law without regard to its conflict of law rules. Any legal proceeding arising out or relating to these Terms & Conditions that is against or relating to us or any indemnified party will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of any state or federal court sitting in the State of New York, and you hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
[October 13, 2014]
© 2014 Diageo Latin American & Caribbean LLC with a registered address of 2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400, Willmington, Delaware 19808 (registered in the State of Delaware), all rights reserved.
Version 9.0 dated September 15, 2014
This Privacy and Cookie Notice provides a high-level overview of our full Privacy and Cookie Notice. It summarises important information regarding how we collect, use, and share any personal information collected. This Privacy and Cookie Notice applies to personal information collected through this website www.diageolaerningforlife.com, which is operated by Diageo plc - the world’s leading premium drinks business - or one of its group of companies.
At relevant points hyperlinks are provided that will take you directly to further information in this document. Links in this Privacy and Cookie Notice will not take you to any external website or content.
1. Are you of legal purchase age?
- Do not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol.
- If we believe that you are under the legal purchase age we will make every reasonable effort to remove your personal information from our records.
2. What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law.
3. Diageo’s collection and use of personal information
We collect personal information that you choose to provide. This includes information provided when registering with our websites, contacting us, completing surveys or questionnaires, entering competitions, and posting information on public areas of our websites.
Through your use of this and other Diageo websites (including by browsing such sites) you may provide us with personal information such as your name, contact details, personal preferences, and details of your website use.
By doing so, you are agreeing to our use of that information as set out in this Privacy and Cookie Notice and our full Privacy and Cookie Notice.
If you do not agree to these conditions, please do not provide us with this information, or please let us know your objections using the contact details below.
We also collect information using common Internet technologies such as “cookies” and “clear gifs” (also known as “web bugs” or “web beacons”).
5. Use of personal Information
We will only use the personal information we collect to provide you with specific information and services that you request, and with additional information and services that may be of interest to you.
6. Disclosure of personal Information
This may involve sharing your personal information with non-Diageo companies that provide services to Diageo companies and certain other third parties, but only where they offer adequate protection for your information and, in certain cases, only where you have provided your consent.
In some cases, this may involve transferring your personal information to other countries (including the U.K., the U.S., Canada and other countries inside and outside the European Economic Area) where Diageo or non-Diageo companies or other third parties operate and process your personal information.
By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to such use and transfers as set out in this Privacy and Cookie Notice and our full Privacy and Cookie Notice.
7. Public (or inactive) areas of our website
Information that you post on or through the public areas of the site (e.g. chat rooms, bulletin boards and discussion groups) are generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others.
We take security seriously and take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
We have no control over the privacy of any communications while in transit to us. We recommend that you not include confidential, proprietary or sensitive information in such communications.
9. Unsubscribe, access, questions and further information
At your request, and where required by law, we will confirm, share, and/or update the personal information we hold about you. However, to protect your privacy we may first have to verify your identity.
At any time you can choose to make an unsubscribe request to stop receiving marketing information.
If you would like to unsubscribe from communications from Diageo or about Diageo brands, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments, queries, or complaints about our collection or use of personal information please contact us via: Post: Data Privacy Officer, Corporate Centre Legal Team, Diageo plc, Lakeside Drive, Park Royal, London, NW10 7HQ
PRIVACY AND COOKIE NOTICE
This website is operated by a member of the Diageo group of companies, the ultimate holding company of which is Diageo plc (registered in England and Wales with company number 23307 and registered address at Lakeside Drive, London, NW10 7HQ, United Kingdom).
All references to 'our', 'us', 'we', or ‘company’ within this policy and within the opt-in notice are deemed to refer to Diageo plc, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or associates, as appropriate.
We endeavour to protect your personal privacy. We provide this Privacy and Cookie Notice to help you to understand what we may do with any personal information that we obtain from you. By providing your personal information to us, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy and Cookie Notice and agree that we may collect, use, and disclose your personal information as described in this Privacy and Cookie Notice. If you do not agree to this Notice, please do not provide your personal details to us. This Privacy and Cookie Notice is incorporated into, and part of, the Terms and Conditions , that govern your use of the site in general. We will use your information only for the purposes set forth below.
We may need to update this Privacy and Cookie Notice from time to time. We recommend that you check this page regularly to ensure that you have read the most recent version.
Changes to the Privacy and Cookie Notice are noted here:
Date last revised: October 29, 2014
2. Legal purchase age
You must not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction in which you reside and (if different) in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the site. We do not intend to collect personal information from any individuals under the legal purchase age, or to market alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal purchase age. If we receive notice or believe that someone under the legal purchase age has provided us with personal information we will make every reasonable effort to remove such personal information from our files, or to flag such personal information and (to the extent permitted by law) retain it for the sole purpose of ensuring that it is no longer used.
3. What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law.
4. Collecting personal information
It is your choice to provide us with personal information. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to select whether you would like to receive information from us or from trusted third parties (for example, by choosing to opt in or opt out of receiving special promotional offers). In some circumstances, you will not have the option to opt out, such as when we are satisfying the obligations of a contract with you, administering a transaction requested by you, or required by law.
You may choose to provide us with personal information if, for example, you: contact us with an enquiry; register on the site; forward an item to a friend; purchase an item; fill out a survey or other form with your personal information included; ask us to provide you with information; enter a competition; post information to public areas of the site; or take advantage of a promotion.
By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to the transfer of such personal information to, and the collection and processing of such information in, other countries or territories. Any such transfer and processing by us will be in accordance with this Privacy and Cookie Notice.
Like many other websites, we use "cookies" to help us gather and store information about visitors to our websites.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve your experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies are used on this site?
The cookies which may be used on this site have been categorised based on the categories set out in the International Chamber of Commerce UK Cookie guide as follows:
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
What type of Strictly Necessary Cookies do we use on our website?
Examples of Strictly Necessary Cookies we may use on this website include Content Management Cookies which are required by the site for the content management system to work and Template Preference Cookies which are necessary for mobile sites and enable the site to look and feel the way it is intended to.
We may also use a Social Sharing Cookie. This is a cookie that identifies you with social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter and allows interaction between your activity on social networking sites and on our website through your direction, and makes your transition between the sites more seamless.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
What type of Performance Cookies do we use on on our website?
We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of our website. This analytical tool uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
What type of Functionality Cookies do we use on our website?
With your consent we may place a cookie to remember your preferences (Preference Cookie) so that you do not need to re-enter your details (country/age and language preferences) on our gateway page. This is not suitable if you share your computer with someone else.
We may also use Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that aid the user journey around the site, and will remember preferences you have selected during the session. These cookies are deleted as soon as you leave the site.
Category 4: Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
What type of Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies do we use onour website?
We do not currently use these types of cookies but may do so in the future. In the event that we do start to use these types of cookies we will revise this Privacy and Cookies notice accordingly to let you know what type of Targeting or Advertising Cookies we are using.
How do I disable/enable cookies?
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can go to the Tools/Internet options/Security and Privacy Tabs to adapt the browser to your expectations. If you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Some modern browsers have a feature that will analyse website privacy policies and allow a user to control their privacy needs. These are known as 'P3P' features (Privacy Preferences Platform).
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select 'cookies' in the 'Help' function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
Use of personal information
We may use personal information collected from you to provide specific services that you request, as well as to provide additional services that may be of interest. For example, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
Marketing Communications. We may use your personal information to communicate with you about our products and services, and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies, and any of their related businesses.
Marketing analysis. We may use your personal information for internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to our websites.
Transactional purposes. We may use your personal information to respond to your queries and requests, maintain your accounts, and manage transactions such as credit card payments for any goods that you order from us or our agents, or for the fulfilment of such transactions (e.g., delivery).
Forward to a friend. When you provide us with information regarding another individual, such as when you request that we send someone information from one of our websites, we will send that individual only the information you specifically requested that we send. We will not send them additional communications based on your providing us with their information. You must certify that your friend is of Legal Purchase Age in the jurisdiction where he/she is located in order for us to transmit the requested information.
7. Disclosure of personal information
We value your personal information and only share it with third parties that provide it with adequate protection. From time to time we may disclose personal information to:
(a) third parties to whom you have provided your consent;
(b) our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf, or to provide services to us (such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; credit card and data processing; age verification; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and other services related to our business), provided such service providers and subcontractors do not collect, use, or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions on our behalf, to provide services to us, or as otherwise required by law;
(c) third parties who, in our reasonable judgment, are providing or seeking the information as your authorized or appointed legal agent; or
(d) carefully selected third parties, including our affiliates, to send you third party marketing and promotional information that may be of interest. In such circumstances these organizations may be bound by confidentiality obligations and restrictions on the use of your personal information. We will obtain your express permission before we allow a third party that is not an affiliate to send you any such marketing and promotional information;
(e) a person or entity, including our affiliates, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, financing, reorganization, or liquidation whereby we transfer, sell, or assign to such third party information concerning your relationship with us, including without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us; and
(f) law enforcement, governmental or regulatory agencies, or other third parties in order to comply with applicable law, or where we believe such action is necessary in order to comply with applicable law, or to detect, protect, or defend us and/or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud, or other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, or to audit compliance with our corporate policies, procedures, legal, or contractual obligations.
8. Public (or Interactive) areas of our websites
Information that you post on or through the public areas of the site (e.g., chat rooms, bulletin boards, discussion groups, or Social Networking modules) generally is accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others, and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. You should not provide personal information about yourself in public (or interactive) areas of the site. Such personal information is not covered under this Privacy and Cookie Notice.
We take security seriously and take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, we have no control over the privacy of any communication while it is in transit to us. We therefore recommend that you not include confidential, proprietary, or sensitive information in any such communications.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If such a notification is appropriate, we will endeavour to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email.
You are reminded that, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions for this website, which include this Privacy and Cookie Notice, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you are responsible for any activity under your account and password. It is your sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify us when you wish to cancel your account. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
10. Unsubscribe, access, questions and further information
At your request and where the law requires us to do so, if you contact us using the unsubscribe details provided below we will confirm what personal information we hold about you, update your information, remove your information, fulfil specific opt-out requests (including requests where you previously opted in with respect to the use of your personal information), and/or correct any inaccuracies in such personal information.
If you would like to unsubscribe from Diageo Learning For Life communications, or from all communications about Diageo brands, please contact: email@example.com
11. Portfolio permissions
If you have given permission to receive communications about Diageo brands generally (for example, by opting to receive news and special offers by email about Diageo’s other great alcohol brands), you may from time to time receive communications about brands to which you have not opted in specifically. Information about many of Diageo’s brands can be found at www.diageobrands.com.
We occasionally may send you communications about brands not featured on www.diageobrands.com (e.g., new brands). We recommend that you refer to www.diageobrands.com from time to time as the list of featured brands will be updated periodically.
Providing general permission for us to communicate with you about our brands does not mean that you will receive communications about all of Diageo’s brands. We will only communicate with you about those brands that we think may be of particular interest to you. Any such communications will provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from the brand in question and/or from all communications about Diageo brands.
If you have any privacy-related questions, concerns or complaints, please contact: Data Privacy Officer, Corporate Centre Legal Team, Diageo plc, Lakeside Drive, London, NW10 7HQ, United Kingdom.
12. Interfaces with Third-Party Websites
The site may contain links, references, and content from other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that we have limited or no control over these websites and our Privacy and Cookie Notice does not apply to these sites. We encourage you to read the Privacy and Cookie Notices and terms and conditions of any linked, referenced, or interfacing websites you enter.
This Privacy and Cookie Notice will be supplemented by additional legal requirements in jurisdictions where we conduct business as required. Nothing in this Privacy and Cookie Notice or otherwise will create, or add to, any right or claim (whether legal, equitable, or otherwise) that any individual or person may have at law or otherwise against the company or any third party, or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, or representatives (collectively the “Diageo Group”), nor will the existence of this Privacy and Cookie Notice or its application impose or add to any obligations upon or create any liability for the Diageo Group that it does not already otherwise have under law.
© 2014 Diageo Latin America & Caribbean LLC with a registered address of 2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400, Willmington, Delaware 19808 (registered in the State of Delaware), all rights reserved. Version 9.3 dated [13 February 2013]